Home Page Economic Development Tourism Parks and Recreation Service Organizations Quick Facts Employment
Brian Gaudet
Brian P. Gaudet, Circuit Clerk
Upshur County Court House Annex, Room 304
38 West Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201
Phone (304) 472-2370 Fax (304) 472-2168
E-Mail: bpgaudet@upshurcounty.org

Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (M-F)

Chief Deputy Clerk: Melissa J. Stimeling
Deputy Clerk: Kelly L. Given
Deputy Clerk: Melissa G. Currence
Deputy Clerk: Carissa L. Kelley

The office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court is established by Article 8, Section 9 of the West Virginia Constitution. Circuit Clerks are elected for a period of six years and their duties, responsibilities and compensation are set by statute.

The Circuit Clerk is an officer within the Judicial System and plays an important role in our local government. The Circuit Clerk is responsible for the administration and management of the Jury System for the Circuit Court. The Clerk is also responsible for recording and maintaining all Circuit and Family Court records. In addition to the role as the Official Record Keeper of the Courts, the Circuit Clerk collects and distributes all funds pertaining to cases filed in the Circuit and Family Courts.

The Circuit Clerk’s Office provides procedural assistance and information to pro se litigants. NOTE: We cannot provide legal advice. We are not licensed attorneys. If you would like to find an attorney in your area that specializes in your type of case, the West Virginia State Bar referral service is available at (304)558-7991 or on the web at: www.wvbar.org. If you are unable to obtain counsel and have legal questions, you can call the State Bar help line at 1-800-642-3617 or contact Legal Aid on the web at: www.lawv.net.

The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals provides all forms sold by the Circuit Clerk’s Office. You may download these forms at no charge by visiting the website www.state.wv.us/wvsca/rules/formsindex.htm

The West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals now offers a training tutorial for WV Guardian/Conservators by visiting the website www.state.wv.us/wvsca/GCTest/index.htm

NOTE: Please do not contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office by phone for information regarding your divorce. No information will be given out. You must come in person to the Clerk’s office with your driver’s license to obtain the information. If you cannot come in person, you may send a notarized letter of authorization including a notarized copy of your license. In addition, no information will be given out over the phone regarding mental hygiene, conservatorship or juvenile cases.