Below are local service organizations that provide assistance to residents during their time of need:
Upshur County Schools --
- Upshur County Schools targets Monday deliveries, but the schedule is subject to change based on receipt of orders from the vendor.
- Delivery is to regular bus stops throughout the county.
- If you are not sure where your closest bus stop is located, contact the Board of Education office at (304) 472-5480 or the Transportation Department at (304) 472-1544.
Upshur Parish House and Crosslines Inc. -- (304) 472-0743
- The Parish House food pantry is operational; clients must call ahead to place orders.
- Food, toiletries, cleaning items, etc. are currently in stock (though supplies may fluctuate).
- Orders can be picked up between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Clients may contact the Parish House for utility and other types of support per regular protocols.
Upshur County Senior Center -- (304) 472-0528
- Curbside Pick-up: Monday-Friday between 11:30 a.m. and 12: 30 p.m. By reservation before 10:30 a.m. at 304-472-9697) for regular senior center clientele.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver unless the client places a hold on the meals.
- The senior center is also offering to temporarily and normal dining hall visitors to the Meals on Wheels program if they are having transportation issues and cannot participate in the curbside pick-up. Anyone concerned about contact with deliverers can verify themselves through the door. Staff/volunteers will leave the meal on the doorstep and step away for the individual to pick up the meal.
- Ensure® can be purchased at the main doors of the senior center. Staff will meet you at the door to assist you. Cases of Ensure Plus are $20 each, and they come in vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, and butter pecan flavors
WV Department of Health & Human Resources -- (304) 473-4230 -- offers a food assistance program in addition to Medicaid, WVCHIP, discount utility program and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
Salvation Army (304) 472-6165
- Drive-up food boxes and meal bags will be available – Just knock on the side door!
- Tuesday, April 21 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, April 23 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 28 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, April 30 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m
Sheetz is sponsoring The Kidz Mealz program. Stop by any Sheetz location, and at the register, ask for a meal. There is a limit of one meal per child, and the daily program is open while supplies last.